Twitter has over 313 million active users, but the site can be very lonely at times. A massive 65.8% of companies use Twitter to get customers and increase their revenue. It surely has a lot of business potential, but you must know how to unlock it. Pictures, videos, sponsored tweets, website cards and blog links, your timeline will always be flooded with tons of information. No brand can ignore Twitter, it has become that important. But, simply tweeting will not do anything for you.
“There is a fine line between social networking and wasting your life.” ― Andy Borowitz
So are you wasting your time on Twitter? Is your follower count too low? It is time to adopt some special tactics to boost your Twitter presence instantly.
1. Identify your niche: Twitter is a vast territory; you need identify your niche carefully and develop your expertise slowly. Use your 140 characters wisely; you can say a lot of things in one tweet. Try to give important information on your area of expertise, people come here to learn.
2. Follow everyone who follows you: You need to tell people that you are on Twitter; following back is a great strategy. It may clog your timeline with unnecessary information, but this is a risk you have to take in the beginning. Follow industry leaders and infleuncers in your field, it will give you valuable content ideas for the future.
3. Don’t say “Please RT This”: Retweets are always useful, but asking for them constantly can be annoying. You should focus on creating amazing content that people will love to share. Direct your efforts in things which matter, this is very crucial. You can also invest in “Influencer Marketing” to boost your social media efforts.
4. Be Different: Your brand should have a ‘human’ touch. Customers get annoyed when they receive too many marketing messages; interact with them on a personal level. Share a picture of your team, write about a funny incident at your workplace; it doesn’t have to be about business all the time.
5. Retweet, Retweet and Retweet: This is a guaranteed way to get followers. Curate content from different sources and share them with your followers. Retweeting will not harm you; it will get you relevant followers.
Over to you! Which method do you use to get followers? Tell us in the comments below.